Supported living, specialist housing, and activities
Supported housing and floating support for the over 55s
For a diverse range of service users

Supported living

Support at home to live a fulfilling life


Supported living is residential accommodation that helps adults with learning or physical disabilities and mental ill health to live an independent, happy life.

Arrangements are flexible and are designed to give each person choice and control over their home and the way they live their life. The type and amount of support provided varies from person to person, depending on their needs.

Some people receive help for just a few hours a week, while others have 24-hour support. Each person receives an individual support package.

Who can access our supported living options?

We support people with learning difficulties, physical disabilities or mental ill health.

We also offer housing for older people for those people who want to live independently but with the peace of mind that support is always available.

We also support people who live in their own home, or in one of our registered nursing homes or care homes.

The type of accommodation we provide varies depending on the person. Our homes are regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) which means we must comply with strict regulations to provide an excellent service.

What can you help me with?

We can support you with the following:

  • personal care
  • domestic tasks
  • finances, benefits advice and budgeting
  • looking after your tenancy
  • keeping a safe environment
  • access to local services
  • social activities and day trips
  • going on holiday
  • meeting up with family and friends

We work with you to create the package of support that you need.

How do I pay for supported living care?

Funding of care and support can vary, but it usually comes through your local Health and Social Services. If you are on benefits, supported living can be funded through direct payments, personal budgets, and Independent Living Fund payments.

We employ our own welfare rights worker to advise service users, as well as their immediate families, carers and staff. All advice is completely confidential. If you are a service user, we can help you with:

  • income and budgeting advice
  • debt counselling
  • dealing with payments for social care
  • direct payments
  • help filling in form and writing letters
  • talking to Citizens Advice or lawyers on your behalf

For more information, please call 01246 599 999 or email

emh care & support is part of